Thursday, January 25, 2007

Johnny Ob-Knoxville

There are SOME valuable lessons to be learned from the Jackass videos. We have only to dig deep, to look beyond all the asshole-isms. This group of grown-ass men acting like total jerks, abusing themselves and those around them, is a fun and quite accurate example of the kind of men our MTV generation has produced. Forget dignified, educated leaders. Forget hard-working, compassionate, ambitious individuals. Those were our fathers. We are a generation of beer-bellied, vomit-eating, fart-smelling, physically destructive hee-haw machines. THIS is art for us. This is creativity: taking extreme sports to a whole new Jackass level.

Sure, they inspire me. Hey, just because they're disgusting doesn't mean they don't pull at my heartstrings. After watching the whole lot of them defy all sense of reason, I felt a surge of spunk, of bravery if you will, almost recklessness. How am I from this generation when I'm such a sissy? I can't even ride a bicycle, and I'm terrified of water.

They made me want to at least TRY to push my limits, to step out of my comfort zone. Those amusement park rides don't seem so scary now in comparison to their madcap stunts. I envy them their carefree dispositions.

Of course, most of their adventures were just so repulsive I could SMELL them through the TV screen.

And because I am (and will always be, no matter what I say) a member of our uptight, judgemental society, one question nags me:

"Where are their parents?"

Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Party Boy, Ehren, Steve-O, Dave England, Ryan Dunn, Wee Man, Raab Himself (*salutes* what an original name!), all of them remind me of my cousins, my brothers, our friends, all the guys I hang out with. They are SOMEHOW charming because they are REAL.

"Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, and this is Jackass."

10 comments:

AphroditeShari said...

ooh.. i havent watched them yet.. not sure if i want to tho.. lol... sounds kinda disgusting.. LOL.. but glad u learned somthin outta them... ( scares me to think what u learned ) but.. u go girl!! :D lol

DeVille said...

bam margera's parents are actually part of jackass too...

did u watch jackass volume 2? pretty cool!;> hehehe

Anonymous said...

APHRODITESHARI: Yeah, it isn't for the faint-hearted. Or come to think of it, it isn't for the normal-hearted.

DEVILLE: Yeah, I watched IT ALL, starting from the ones they made in 2002. Bam Margera reminds the boys and me so much of either Hussein or Hassan (Alauya).

2istedgirl said...

i watched jackass too!!! all of them .. hahahahahahaha!!!!
ok ok .. maybe not all of them because i couldn't get myself to watch some of them .. like when steve-O put the worm in his nose and pulled it out of his mouth .. DAMN .. i just heard the idea and i was like *ok .. next* .. hehehehe
and the "omelette* one .. skipped it .. and the paper cuts .. i know how they hurt so i couldn't watch them either ..
i LOVED the alligator one and when steve-O took all his hair off .. and the ALL of the skating experiments with the skate boards, snow boards, ice cubes, red wagons, shopping carts and the office chairs .. LOL ..
i can just go on and on about the parts that i enjoyed ..
i finished watching them yesterday and as soon as i woke up today i opened up lime wire and started down loading some of the jackass things there .. not all of them are jackass .. i found some idiotic things that were from OTHER people *jackass wannabees*
still not finished downloading them .. but they're good ..
NESS: i know your gona kill me .. but?? i want to borrow jackass again so i can copy it .. and this time i wont take 2 or 3 days .. HAHAHAHA ... sorry about that .. i just couldnt figure out how to do that .. LOL
and that johnny knoxville ... *faints* .. HE IS SO HOT!! dumb sometimes .. LOL .. but so HOT!!

DeVille said...

i think u guys dont know bout the jackass i was talkin about...its the new one... the one where steve-o puts a leech in his eye? i really think u should watch it but i doubt it if its there already.

no wonder bam seems so familiar...

Anonymous said...

DEVILLE: Oh, we KNOW that one. Crap, we watched it like 3x. I loved the one where Knoxville installs a little boxing-glove fist behind a love letter stuck on the wall. When the others read the letter, they get punched in the face. Hahahaha.

Yeah, even Mom says Hassan would've looked like Bam Margera had he grown up.

2ISTED: I loved the HOTDOG SUITS!! Looool!! I loved the Panda Suits, too!! They're just awfully stupid it's funny. Hehehe.

2istedgirl said...

DEVILLE: yea i seen that one with the leech .. LOL .. it was one of the ones that i skipped through .. LOL .. couldnt get myself to watch it .. too creepy for me. hehehehehehehe..

NESS: i liked the panda suits too .. hehehe ... i liked the monkey suit where they jump out behind cars and stuff and scare the hell out of people .. wait a minute *thinks* .. i dont think that was on the CD u gave me i think i thats on the ones i downloaded .. hahahaha
i dont know the difference anymore .. they are all jackass and thats that. =D

DeVille said...

talkin bout suits, my fave was the one party boi shoots out of a man-hole while wearing the devil suit and carrying a sign sayin something about god i think...:> that was funny....

V said...

The creators of the show Frasier announced its 11th season to be the last at a time when the show's ratings were going through the roof with it's lead actor, Kelsey Grammer making $ 1.7 million per episode. Kelsey made a statement to reporters and disappointed fans as to why he and the rest of the team had decided to wrap it up; "It took us years of hard work and faith to bring sophisticated comedy back to the likes of the American audience and we'd like to leave it at just that".

Yet again in an ever changing way, entertaiment has taken a new meaning, and the truth of the matter is that watching a bunch of guys in their thirties kick eachother in the nuts is great fun for many. We humans are amazing creatures; everything about us is great...our rules, our intelligence, our ignorance, our arrogance, our insecurities...simply amazing.

2istedgirl said...

DEVILLE: yea!! i loved that one too ..hahahaha

i like most of the jackass parts .. but c'mon u have to admit that some of them are a tad bit extreme and nasty and disgusting..