Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Twenty Oh Seven

New Year's Eve

Where I Spent It: Friday's, Andalus Street

What I Was Drinking: Pepsi

What I Was Wearing: My new abaya with the crimson spots on the sleeves that looked like cheese gone baaaaaad. Oh, and blood red nail polish courtesy of Linzi.

Who I Was With: The Ghamdis, the Noordin girls, Nadia, Linzi, Rami, Asmaa & Esraa, Yanni, Rami, and Squeek (briefly).

What I Was Thinking: How I wished it was a mixed crowd with more people; how it's my first New Year's party sans alcohol; how I could negotiate with my dad to pick me up much later than the 12:10 am that he did; and how my brothers were having a blast with my cousins sans me.

What I Was Reading: Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo

What I Last Watched: Just Like Heaven starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo, which I loved to pieces and watched twice in 24 hours.

What Song I Loved: Please Baby Don't by Sergio Mendez featuring John Legend

Last Magazine I Read: Newsweek and Time

Major Local News: Hajj updates and Saddam Hussein's execution

No comments: