Monday, August 11, 2008

Snort, Snort

My dahling friends. I know you're all planning on getting me some ridiculously expensive birthday present, or getting me a really hot dude inside a huge cake, or a new Mac, or expensive photographer stuff I won't know how to use (but will be happy to own and show off).

You don't have to.

All I want this year is for you guys to be with me on my birthday, and that is enough.

Okay, I lie.

I also want books. More books. Muwahahaha!! MUHUWAHAHAHAHA!! (That's supposed to be the evil laugh behind the closed doors, Sonja and Linzi.)

Lots and lots of books.

So here's a list of books that I want to hoard. I have divided them into categories, so that it's easier for you to judge me and my taste in books.

***
FICTION:

1. The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera
2. Baudolino by Umberto Eco
3. The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
4. The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure by Michael Henry Heim
5. Then We Came To The End by Joshua Ferris
6. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
8. The Coma by Alex Garland
9. Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami
10. Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
11. Lord of the Flies by William Golding

***
NON FICTION:

1. On Bullshit by Harry Frankfurt
2. 21 Nights by Prince (I totally love this, by the way)
3. Poor People by William T. Vollmann
4. The Stuff of Thought: Language as a Window into Human Nature by Steven Pinker
5. The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
6. Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks
7. The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness by Elyn R. Saks
8. Testosterone, Inc: Tales of CEOs Gone Wild by Christopher Byron
9. The Emperors of Chocolate by Joel Glenn Brenner
10. Her Husband by Diane Middlebrook
11. Ash Wednesday by Ethan Hawke (I think he's hot.)

***
COMIC / GRAPHIC NOVELS:

1. A Million Little Pieces of Feces by Python Bonkers
2. Cosmic Banditos by A.C. Weisbecker
3. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
4. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
5. V For Vendetta by Alan Moore


I could go on forever, except I think I lost you at NONFICTION.
Anyhoo. Some of the books here, especially the fiction ones, are available at Jarir. The rest are only available in remote countries like Trkalejhooli (true story).

Of course, if you know me, you know that I read just about anything anyway, so you can just get me any book by any author, except Dan Brown.

I can't wait to not have the time to read the books!!

Thank you (in advance)!! I promise to be very happy, and to not be online so much.

PS Stop muttering "nerd" under your breath. I can hear you.

xoxo

1 comment:

BabyPink said...

salaam, adik!Ü

pephagiseg so edad. nah, haberdey! paborito aken mambo a regalo na libro. phangnin ta a madiang ka i makowa/miyakowa a libro sa kapem-berdey/kiyam-berdey ngka.