Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Desk Has Spoken

What's on my desk:

* A glass full of colored paper clips.
* Post-its in leaf and arrow shapes.
* A Starbucks Arabia mug full of pens and pencils.
* Berlitz instructor's manuals for adults and kids.
* A Berlitz magazine.
* Ikea's 2005 catalogue.
* Arabian Woman and Emirates Woman magazines.
* Unmarked essays in a folder submitted by my freshman college students.
* Lemony Snicket: A Series of Unfortunate Events VCD I borrowed from BemBem.
* A tube of Mentos Mints.
* A lilac-colored lighter.
* A bunch of mismatched socks and stockings.
* Grocery receipts.
* Books: "Longman's Synonyms Dictionary" and "The Right Word At The Right Time".
* Juz 'amma [Qur'an] tapes my Mom left on it.
* My 2005 appointment diary.
* A mini Nivea hand lotion bottle.
* An oversized calculator.
* A red stapler that doesn't work.
* Index cards with a list of irregular verbs.
* A bag of 5-week-old nuts.
* A heart-shaped dish with potpourri.
* Folders and files.
* Scratch papers.
* A little notebook of quotations that I compiled.
* A picture of the Elephant Rock in Saudi Arabia that my student Yazeed gave me.

What I think they say about me:

* I'm an English teacher. [Tsk.] And apparently, not a very good one.
* I attempt to organize my stuff by using cliche office supplies. Some of which don't work.
* I'm in charge of matching the socks in the fresh-laundry basket but I've never gotten around to doing it.
* My students think I'm an elephant and therefore am interested in my fellow elephants.
* I read glossies when I should make lesson plans.
* I watch movies I've seen over and over again.
* I'm a boring, bored nerd.

What does your desk say about you?

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

ah, na saken na miyaily ngka den so desk aken. da den khabatogan on sa anything ka mapepeno-peno a mbarang-barang den a mga pagigimo. iphoon sa isa ka million a libro to school/office supplies to mga gita-gita! phambliin ka katii a sii ako sa igaan diimakacomputer ka da den a space ko desk aken. di kami khamin!

what does it say about me?
i am a disorganized freak, who likes to read!

:)

Baby Rockstar said...

Druggie! I HAVE seen your desk. I "stole" two books from it.

What I think it says about you?

You're a book-romantic. That's why you're my friend!! =)