Monday, October 10, 2005

Life And Times


I am DONE teaching college girls up in here. The only good thing I had going was this office space I was loaned. On my last day, one of my students asked if I had really wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a kid. I did what any self-respecting non-teacher would've done: I swept my hand and snapped my finger at her face, and yelled "Heeeelllllll, naw!! Now, git! Git outta my face! You better work on that gotdamned book report before I whup you up and down with my grade book, you piece of shit." I mean, what, now I'm not good enough for them? Asking me all kinds of nasty shit like that? What was that question supposed to mean? That I hadn't been doing my job? That I hadn't been a good teacher to them and it showed? Well she'd right it gotdamned showed, they the worst students I had ever had the opportunity to teach! Hehe. Not really. I was just real hungry when she asked me. Afterwards, I was so guilty that I snapped at her that I went and did her book report for her. I buckled. I mean, something's gotta give, man.

Yalla, bye.

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

oway na anong iniibig sabihin opama ng yalla? maaneg aken den anan sa mga kilala aken a miyakala sa saudi.:)

Baby Rockstar said...

The closest equivalent to Maranao I can think of for "yalla" is "nakon", as in the case of "yalla, bisur'ah" meaning "nakona-a nggaga-an ka", or "yalla, ya ammi" meaning "nakon, bapa". In "yalla, bye", it means "na, gyoto". =) Marugn pma-anan. Phew.