Friday, November 18, 2005

All Things Random

20 Random Things About Myself:

1. I hate when my brothers squeeze the toothpaste tube right in the middle, and then NOT replace the cap.

2. We laugh at Kevin Bacon, his "Now what?" films and silly heartthrob roles, but I very secretly think he's HOT.

3. You know those ridiculous romantic scenes where lovers play around, usually with a hose, spraying water at each other or running along the beach in SLOW MOTION, with some old school funk / R&B or soul track playing in the background? I've always wished it would happen to me. ESPECIALLY the slow motion part.

4. Sometimes when my nails are long, the nail on my right index finger [which I use to write with] digs into my middle finger, so I wrap a tissue around my middle finger while I write to cushion it.

5. My favorite pair of shoes hurt like hell, but they look so fabulous that I wear them nonetheless.

6. I've memorized ALL the words to Air Supply's greatest hates BECAUSE I hate them.

7. I can't close my eyes when I'm singing a song because I always have to look at my fingers while I strum the guitar.

8. I list the books I've read, including the date I finished reading them, to get an average of how many books I read in a month. My average for the last three months is 3.

9. I buy cassette tapes [in Jeddah] at record stores because my CD player is not working [hasn't been for years now] and I've never gotten around to having it fixed. Tapes cost less, anyway, so it works for me.

10. I make most of my critical decisions in the shower.

11. I sneak out office supplies from my workplace: bond paper, board markers, glue sticks, paper clips, etc. The key word here is: UNCONSCIOUSLY. [sure]

12. I arrange the books on my bookshelves according to their publishing house[s], from Bantam to Random House.

13. My greatest fear in a Karaoke bar is that someone picks and sings the song that I've practiced singing for the longest time.

14. I am alternately embarrassed and insulted by bad films and bad actors. My favorite bad film is: Solaris, which starred George Clooney.

15. I have dreams of my best guy friend [nothing sexual, you pervert]. Sometimes I dream of him getting married [where I'm his best "man"], sometimes of him becoming a millionaire, sometimes of him getting shot.

16. I'm still very unsure of when and when not to use the word "whom".

17. My best guy friends think that my ultimate flirtation pick-up line is LAME. But it's worked for me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

"My one greatest dream is (to) ___________ [insert activity that guy-being-picked-up does best].

Worked once with a DJ at a club when I came up to him and said: "My one greates dream is to get inside a DJ's booth and get a panoramic view of the party below." That DJ has been a great family friend to this date, and we have been on guest lists at parties and getting free drinks ever since.

18. At "hard-core" Maranao parties, I can't think of anything to say beyond "How are you?" since everything you say to a Maranao can and will be used against you. Most of the time I just smile and pretend I don't speak Maranao.

19. I love MINT. Mint chocolates, mint on my tea, peppermint, mint lotion, mint shampoo, and mint green.

20. Sometimes I grin at myself in the bathroom mirror for about 5 minutes, then abruptly turn off the lights to freak myself out. I always expect someone standing behind me when I turn the lights back on.

Do you know a random thing about me that I don't? [Not you, Druggie, I know what you're going to say. Hahaha.]

6 comments:

BabyPink said...

very interesting...:)

i think i'll start doing #8!:)

xam said...

Comment Novel:
1. yeah, i hate that too. i work for colgate-palmolive phils. sayang kung nandito ka, bibigyan kita ng supplies!!! binibigyan ko na ang da boys ngayon eh... sayang.

2. yeah, he's hot.

3. haha, i can imagine micks chasing you. in slow motion. that must be a nightmare for you! heheheh. baka pag si micks, gusto mo, siya ang slow, ikaw fast.

4. when my nails are long, they get chipped off. all the time.

5. a hollywood actress' mom told her once that if you start to care about comfort (in choosing shoes), you're getting old. that's a good sign for you.

6. me too. i memorized all the lyrics because i hated them. then i started to love them. haha.

7. sing in the shower while making your critical decisions.

8. good idea.

9. i bought a casette tape last week. works for me too.

10. i take 5 minutes to shower, no time for decisions. how long do YOU shower???

11. that's good. i do it "consciously". in the sneakiest manner imaginable.

12. me too. i used to assign serial numbers to them too by publisher, and by the sequence i bought them.

13. my greatest fear is someone else pick a song i want to sing, but they know better than i do anyway, and will forever be part of their "songlist". no chance for me to sing it - ever.

14. i love bad films. they enhance my insulting skills.

15. who is this?

16. "whom" is used after a preposition. i think.

17. haha! if "lame" works for you, it's not lame. when i read your sample, "eureka"!!! pang-cosmo ah. hehe.


18. no comment (it might be used against me eh! heheh joke lang)

19. i hate mint. heheh. specially mint (menthol) cigarettes. hehe.

20. haha. that one's good.

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving!

Baby Rockstar said...

Counter-comment for XAM:
1. Aba, eh di nagtu-toothbrush na ang Da Boys? Wow. Haha.

3. Mahirap ka SLO-MO scene si Micks, eh. Baka di niya masabayan yung tugtog. Ahihihi.

6. Di lang Air Supply, actually. Pati yung Aqua dati, yung Barbie Girl? Grrrr. Or yung Vengaboys? Haha.

10. Hirap shower sa amin, eh. Di-tabo, kaya medyo mabagal ako sa banyo. Hahaha. Critical decisions, as in: "Anong uunahin ko, kain or tulog?"

15. Hindi si Micks. Haha. My best guy friend Tam-Tam, younger brother ni Kaka Archie Batua.

19. You're right, bakla, wag lang Menthol cigarettes! Pampa-utot yun eh. Hahaha.

BabyPink said...

aw, ka si bes si tam-tam i bespren ka a mama? miyakapagiskwela man oto sa ILS sa grade six na pekhababaya-bayaan ami ka cute.:) 3rd year ako den (1st year siki ixang) kaya okay lang a dii ami dipanalangan sa grade six building.:)

di ako niyan nda khatoosan. ogaid na pakiwataan ko sekaniyan sa marohombsar side iyan.:)

Baby Rockstar said...

DRUG: Hahaha! Owai ka si Tamtam. Di akn on dn petharoon aya, ka amay ka badn pman miyakala a olo niyan oto a nayno o di mikhalala dun. Haha. He's in China na.