Friday, August 31, 2007

The List

Yeah. I AM getting older. For one thing, I am slowly, very slowly realizing that there IS such a thing as too much television. You know, the old I-Need-To-Stop-Watching-And-Start-Living-eroo.

For another thing, my birthday is coming up. I’ll be 24 in about 4 days’ time. Wow. When I was younger, I thought by the age of 21, I’d have my own house, my own car, and be fiercely independent and career-oriented. Like I said, too much television, especially considering I had always envisioned myself living in Jeddah for the rest of my very debatable life. Of course now I am about 3 years older than my hitherto imagined self, I still live in Jeddah at my parents’ house, women still aren’t allowed to drive, and I am not only fiercely dependent on everybody else including the hobo that lives on the street next to our house, I am also very career-confused and very lame-jokey.

A-hey-ny-way-hey. Here it is, my wishlist for the annual celebration of my mediocrity, which is organized into categories:


The Radical

-A vanity set with a huge mirror with dressing-room lights around the frame

-An iMac, any color

-2 months worth of sessions with a psychiatrist (so I could, of course, talk about nothing but myself – an elitist alternative to this tedious blogging business)

-3 bottles of Smirnoff Mules, alcoholic

-A Nokia N95

-Weight loss. Or okay, a gym membership. Ha ha ha.


The Super

-A lens upgrade for my Nikon

-A guitar signed by a real (performing) guitarist/s

-Jewelry (I’m allergic to silver and I prefer white gold)

-A 30gb iPod, white

-BOSE headphones


The Fabulous-o

-Music CDs (John Legend, India Arie, Marvin Gaye, Eryka Badu, et al.)

-A bottle of Chanel Chance perfume, the green one

-Mascara, Max Factor (in the spirit of elitism, and because I’m allergic to all other brands)

-A T-Shirt that says Nessreen in the front, and “I don’t have friends, they all call me Master” in the back

-A watch

-Books, books, books!! *evil, greedy laugh* For a list of the books I already own, please go here

-A photo-shoot of all my friends with me as the photographer

-The Sopranos DVD set

Disclaimers

- You are under no obligation to get me anything for my birthday, as I never celebrated my birthday up until last year, and I’m not used to receiving birthday presents, hence the audacity. Except if you’re reading this. THEN, you really MUST get me something out of courtesy. I mean, in my country... so on and so forth.

No comments: