Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm NOT A QUITTER

Everyone tells me to quit smoking.

Maggie*: "Why do you hate yourself? Don't do this."

Ingrid*: "It's NOT gonna help you lose weight."

My boss: "Try the new Smoke-Less thingamajig."

My boss: "No smoking at work when kids are around."

My parents: "Stop smoking."

My friends: "Stop smoking."

Dully (7 years old): "DO YOU WANNA DIE?!"

My cigarettes: "Smoking is dangerous to your health."

***

The thing is, it is man's nature to SEE FOR HIMSELF.

I give people all kinds of advice. I don't mind when they don't listen. It's also man's nature to give advice.

***

I want to meet Al-rajul Al-3ankaboot. I have said his name approximately 63 times just the past week; averaging 9 times a day.

1 comment:

V said...

Growing up in SA, my brother and I often enjoyed getting lost in translations like that. My last favorite was 'bareed al aswad' as in 'blackmail'.

Lesson learned: innocence during infancy, especially with boys, can be cute or even annoying, but once you start to talk (between 4 and 12) , then it's just downright lame.