Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Bacon

Sometimes, I feel the urge to explore further my growing obsession with KEVIN BACON, the biggest factor to this being the fact that my brothers practically forbade this occurence by laughing at his unusual nostrils and wimpy built.

They know nothing of his deep, blue eyes.

***
No one can fully comprehend my propensity for watching... watches, given my tendency towards wasting-time. I have a digital watch by my bed that gives me the exact time - down to the seconds, and I have a clock directly across my bed, positioned so that it's the first thing I see every morning when I wake up. It is also visible at every conceivable point in my room.

And yet, each time I awake, I go through the same motions: check the digital, then the wall-clock that's 5 minutes late, and finally, as if to make absolutely sure, I check the time on my mobile phone.

***
What's the world come to when a person goes for a smoke not because she wants to, but because she CAN?

I'll go for a smoke because I can. Never mind the pain in my throat, or that queasy feeling I have before a fever sets in. I CAN. Therefore I WILL.

***
A line in this rap song moves me.
"You silly girl, you better start talking."

Nothing profound. I know. But still.

***
People gasp in horror at the incredulity of our non-existent relationship, my mom and I. I will allow them to. It's the perk of ignorance: to be allowed certain reactions.

12 comments:

Souma said...

Kevin Bacon.... is cute!! can we share??

AphroditeShari said...

eeewwww.. he is NOT cute.. *faint*

eh.. u have a thing with clocks.. i do too.. kinda.. i often look at the clock ( digital ones ) and i see that its 11:11... or its 1:11.. o_0

its very odd.. and kinda freaky.. i dont know what it cud mean.. or is it like my biological clock or am i just bein paranoid..

Baby Rockstar said...

souma: YES!! FINALLY!! A kindred spirit! Long live the Bacon!!

aphroditeshari: He is TOO!! About the watches, maybe we just need a life. LOL!!

AphroditeShari said...

eh... i duno about the life part.. seems we do have a life.. just mayb we arent sure how its supposed to be yet.. as for the yucky bacon.. NO..he is NOT>> :P

DeVille said...

here's a movie where maybe, JUST maybe, my sister was right about mr. bacon..."THE HOLLOWMAN". that's because half the movie he is invisible. how i hope there'd be up to Hollowman part 20. that'd be a good riddance to him. ugh god, a fried pig's side for a name!?!

AphroditeShari said...

argh! i hated that movie.. and really dont like him.. and he's NOT hot!! *yuck!*

Baby Rockstar said...

HEY!!!
In case you people haven't noticed, THIS HERE is the United States of Nessreen. I am the President. You are ONLY the United Nations. So if I say Kevin Bacon is HOT, there's nothing you can do about it. He is HOT. Now, get outta here before I bomb you guys. LOOOL.

AphroditeShari said...

LOOOOOOOOOOL.... if i give u some oil can we come to a compromise? or wud u rather i write an awesome book with all ur famous speeches and things u have said to ppl all over the world!! ;) i mean.. how cool is that!?

DeVille said...

okay have it your way...where's that glass of water aphroditeshari?

AphroditeShari said...

uhm... i think i already used it on her... u can help urself to the kitchen and get another one if u want :D

DeVille said...

no thanks...i'll use the one in the toilet bowl instead.:>

AphroditeShari said...

eeewwwwww..... :S
RUN BABY ROCKSTAR!! RRRUUUUUUN!